Saturday, February 23, 2008

Daddy dearest

Papa-bear,
As your daughter, i hope that you will consider a proposal that i would like to make regarding the purchase of a new Toyota Prius. I understand that this idea may seem far-fetched, but i would like to explain to you the benefits that it will be able to bring me, you, and even the environment! The Toyota Prius is a hybrid electric car, so it saves energy and is conventional. The Prius is economical when it comes to gas, and i know how you and mom worry about recent gas price increases. Driving the car would not only be a benefit to the car company of course, but it will benefit the environment because it has reduced noise emissions, and can reduce air pollution because it does not use as much fuel as some other automobiles. The Hybrid Prius is also equipped with saftey features such as: traction control, 3 year complimentary road side assistance, Anti-lock break system, driver and passanger air bags and front and rear crumple zones and side-impact door beams. If this list doesn't go into enough depth about the saftey issues, i'd like to offer you a website that provides more information on it. Website--http://www.toyota.com/prius-hybrid/. This car would be benficial to me because the car i have right now has so many miles on it, and will probably not last for much longer. My 45 minute commute 3 times a week to George Mason definitely ads up to the miles. Also, the car i have now isn't as economical as this car, and i think the Prius would save me more money in the long run. My driving record is clean and i have never been in any accident or received any tickets. The car can be benefitial to you because you will not have to worry about it breaking down while i'm at school, and wont be stressed to have to come pick me up when you're busy. I think that i can handle this responsibility, and am willing to help pay for the car, and for insurance on it also. I hope you will consider my proposal.
Love always,
Your little Sniddlebop :)

To my dear daughter,
I'm pleased that you have proposed this question in such a professional mannor including saftey issues and how the car will be a benefit to you. However, I do not think that your timing on this issue is ideal. Your mother and I are more concerned with helping pay for your college, then we are about purchasing a new car, that is not absolutely necessary right now. I understand that your car has a lot of miles on it, but the engine is just fine and we just recently got it repaired so it's in pretty good shape. However, maybe when your car is in worse shape, i will consider helping you out in buying a new car. I know that you are a responsible young woman, and i'm glad that you're concerned with the environment and with long-term benefits, but unfortunately i'm going to have to decline your proposal.
Love,
Dad

Daddy,
Thank you for considering my proposal. I understand that you are concerned with paying for college right now, and that setting priorities is very important. I also know how stressful financial issues can be, because i'm trying to manage saving up enough money to pay for half of tuition. However, I think that you should consider how important this car would be in the long run. I could sell the car i have now, and use that money to put towards this new car. I do not know how long i will be able to rely on the car i have now, and plus it doesn't have as many saftey benefits as the Toyota Prius. My car now does not have an anti-lock break system, which could be deadly in bad weather. Since my timing was not ideal as you said, i would be fine with waiting a little while until finances are not so tight. Maybe we could look into purchasing an older version of this car, or even a used, less expensive version that still has the same economic and saftey features as this car. I would be grateful if you reconsidered my proposal.
Thank you,
Your daughter.

No comments: